Microneedling is Collagen Induction Therapy. The most therapeutic devices are powered microneedling devices that use tiny needles to make micro-channels or injuries in the skin to then stimulate collagen and elastin formation, the building blocks of skin tissue.
Course of treatment customised after first appointment.
Collagen truly is the skin’s best healer. That’s why an ability to encourage its production is one of the great benefits of skin needling. The pricks are so small that you’re unlikely to notice them once the treatment is finished. Not only will there be an increase in collagen production but the skin’s ability to absorb skincare product improves ten-fold, meaning that the products you invest in will work to their optimal performance level – as intended. Because of the non-invasive nature of skin needling we employ at the verve lounge, it’s suitable for most people to use safely.
Who is skin needling suitable for?
If you suffer from any of the issues below, skin needling might be a great solution
- Acne Scars or Pits
- Sun Damage
- Stretch Marks
You are not suited for skin needling if you are experiencing: active acne, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis, severe solar keratosis, skin cancer, raised moles, warts and any open wounds or sore. It is important to tell your skin therapist if you do have any of these skin conditions before you start treatment.
Collagen Induction Benefits;
- Brings back the glow for fresher, younger-looking skin
- Improves fine lines and deeper wrinkles
- Reduces broken capillaries and spider veins
- Reduces appearance of pores
- Firms and smooths skin texture
- Heals scars
How long will the treatment take?
The treatment itself can take anywhere from 1 hour to 1 ½ hours, generally we recommend a series of 4-6 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart for optimum skin results. This is all discussed during your first consultation in salon and your skin therapist will personally advise of what suits you individually, as well prescribe a home care solution for you and pre-schedule your appointments to carry out full course of needling if and when required.
How long does it take to see results?
One of the great benefits of skin needling is that you can see results almost immediately! This is because the skin’s collagen production starts accelerating as soon as the micro-wounds are created in the skin. With best results starting to show 4-6 weeks after your treatment and will continue to improve as you follow your treatment course.
Verve’s Top Tips for Skin Needling Aftercare;
- Do not pick your skin when you start to see it flake – this is completely normal and you need to allow this so your skin can heal and rejuvenate. Use only a gentle non-active cleanser and tepid water for the first 3 days post needling.
- Avoid sun exposure as your skin will be extremely sensitive and don’t apply sunscreen for the first 24hrs as your skin will soak up those ingredients and may cause adverse reactions. You need to wait until your skin has healed over.
- Do not use active products after Skin Needling as your skin will be in a highly sensitive state, ingredients to avoid are retinol, vitamin C and hyaluronic acid. You can incorporate these products back into your regime 3-5 days after your treatment, or as recommended by your experienced therapist.
- Do not apply any kind of makeup for at least 24 hours to 48 hours after the procedure as it’s important to allow your skin barrier to heal over. Using make up brushes can irritate the open skin, and if there’s any bacteria on the brushes you run the risk of developing a skin infection.
- The skin needling procedure will cause heat in the skin as a natural stage of healing. If you sweat or partake in any activities that make you hot, it will create further unwanted heat in the skin. It may also allow bacteria to penetrate the skin. This can lead to infection, extended redness or an adverse skin reaction.
- Do not take anti-inflammatory OTC medications such as Ibuprofen, as they will interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is needed for optimum skin rejuvenation.
Micro needling aftercare:
Microneedling offers amazing benefits to getting and keeping your skin beautiful, but like any good skin procedure there are important aftercare instructions that you will need to follow to get the most out of your skin treatment.
As micro needling creates micro wounds in the skin, patients cannot return to their normal skincare routines right away. In fact, immediately after your treatment, you will look as though you have a mild to moderate sunburn, and your skin may feel warm and tighter than usual. Keep in mind, these effects are normal and they typically subside within a few hours after treatment, but can take up to 24-48 hours for complete resolution.
Don’t worry: your skin professional will discuss post-procedure skincare following the treatment to help soothe, calm, and protect the skin. Continue to treat the skin gently for three days after microneedling, and you may resume your normal skincare regime after day 3 post procedure.